The Research Department at IINN is involved in several basic and applied research projects, for example:
- The Insight Business Incubator works with entrepreneurs at early stages of the development of their ideas. These may be technologies that need financial support, basic science, clinical research studies, patents, and others.
- Insight originates and also collaborates in biomedical research projects, whose primary goals may be in basic science, or they may have commercial applications.
- Insight hosts a Clinical Research Organization, performing patient studies for Incubator clients,
- as well as studies that are contracted from established medical device or pharmaceutical firms.
- Insight hosts IINNovation, a collection of educational opportunities that are tailored for undergraduate or medical interns.
The core purpose of the Research Department is drive positive and productive relationships with individuals, businesses and educational institutions in the Genesee County area specifically, and within our growing national and international network of collaborators; and to enhance and enrich in the growth of IINN as a whole.